1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth ?
Dana’s ear (giggle)
2. Where was your profile picture taken?
At a bar called “Sam’s” in Portland, Oregon
3. Can you play Guitar Hero?
Very, very, very poorly.
4. Name someone who made you laugh today?
Josie, my friend Aaron’s three year old daughter. Her laughter lights me up from the inside.
5. How late did you stay up last night and why?
I think I went to bed around 12:30. Hard to say because Chef (John-Michael) came over and we sat out on the back porch and talked for several hours. I asked him to be one of the attendants at our wedding, because both Dana and I have worked for him at different times, and he is the culinary love of our lives. When he talks about work, it just makes me hot.
6. If you could move somewhere else, where would it be ?
Washington, DC. No lie. I want to be a DC-based novelist. If I don’t make it that far, maybe Austin, because Texas politics are way weirder than anything federal.
7. Ever been kissed under fireworks?
I’m not sure, but I hope that I’ve caused a few.
8. Which of your friends lives closest to you?
Robert- he’s our next door neighbor. The first time I saw him, he was wearing an Adventure Time t-shirt and he stole my heart on the spot. 🙂
9. Do you believe ex’s can be friends?
Depends on the ex. Depends on you. Can you let go and drop all your teenage crap? Having tried to be friends with an ex before, I know I can’t.
10. How do you feel about Dr Pepper?
As a Texan, I am supposed to say that it is the nectar of God Almighty, forever amen. It’s lucky that I actually believe it.
11. When was the last time you cried really hard?
Yesterday, I cried with a cry I’ve only had three times in my life. The first was hearing that my high school girlfriend started dating someone else when she went to college and lived with her for a month before she bothered to break up with me. The second was when Kathleen broke my heart by cheating on me while I was at my mother’s wedding…. with three of my coworkers in the same weekend. Yesterday, my friend Argo said she wasn’t, and a part of my heart stopped functioning. She is literally my dragon slayer, and I will be grateful to her for the REST of my life whether she ever talks to me again or not.
12. Who took your profile picture?
I think it was Dana…….
13. Who was the last person you took a picture of?
I honestly don’t remember. I don’t shoot memories, usually. Mostly landscape.
14. Was today better than yesterday?
Anything is better than yesterday.
15. Can you live a day without TV?
Not if Doctor Who is on.
16. Are you upset about anything?
No, I’m absolutely fine (I’m lying).
17. Do you think relationships are ever really worth it?
What would make you say that? They’re the only thing ever worth it.
18. Are you a bad influence?
I make no qualms about the fact that I am the sweetest, most delightful person on earth….. and a homicidal maniac in my dreams. Think love child of Dexter and Julie Andrews.
19. Night out or night in?
Night in, always. Would prefer having friends over than going out.
20. What items could you not go without during the day?
Food, water, shelter, sex, Internet. Dana will be so happy that I put sex before Internet. I think she thinks I’m connected by the belly button (I am- it’s what I do).
21. Who was the last person you visited in the hospital?
I am not exactly sure- I haven’t been to the hospital in *years.*
22. What does the last text message in your inbox say?
From my dad- I forgot to tell you, they told me I would have no trouble finding Springbok stuff. What size do you wear?
23. How do you feel about your life right now?
In the grand scheme of things, it’s perfect.
24. Do you hate anyone?
I hate the person that abused the person that abused me. I hold him entirely responsible and I hope he’s dead, but even that is too good for him. If I found him first, you would choke on vomit when I told you what I’d do to him.
25. If we were to look in your facebook inbox, what would we find?
Fucking heartbreak. Are you paying attention?
26. Say you were given a drug test right now, would you pass?
Depends on the test. 🙂 I once got in big trouble at ExxonMobil because they read me the riot act over amphetamines before even checking if it was prescribed to me.
27. Has anyone ever called you perfect before?
Yes, and it makes me uncomfortable every time. I am perfect in my flaws, but perfect is too big a stretch.
28. What song is stuck in your head?
A Thousand Miles, Vanessa Carleton
29 . Someone knocks on your window at 2:00 a.m., who do you want it to be?
The only person in my life that could make knocking on my window at 2:00 AM make sense.
30. Wanna have grandkids by the time your 50?
That is less than 15 years from now, and I don’t even have kids.
31. Name something you are doing tomorrow
Hopefully doing SHAKE AND BAKE with my favorite soprano, Douglas. Douglas is an amazing soprano, and until his voice changes, I try to sing with him every chance I get. Plus, he can sight read and I can’t. Handy.
32. Do you think too much or too little?
We’ve met, right?